Tuesday, February 17, 2009

3D prints

I thought I'd share photos of my 3D prints from 2007-2008 with the web world. I don't know much about the technicalities behind it all, but I can tell you that you will need to keep your geometry very clean and then convert them to STL files before they can be printed. I can point interested parties to more information on request.

I wanted to thank Albert Morrissey for smoothing and converting to STL my 2007 characters, and for taking the time to convert the 2008 ones and then teach me how to do it on MODO when for they turned out to be reversed. The only bad part about STLs for those who don't know, is that they take a very long time to be made and they're farly big. I'm glad I learnt that for myself as it increased my appreciation of the process and the help I received along the way :)

A side note on MODO. From my little play with the trial version last year, it seemed like a pretty cool piece of software, and later down the track once my animation skills are a bit more up, I'd love to play with it further.

Without further ado, here our my cute little characters:

Vance (2008) - from BlackOut!


Zorion (2008) - from BlackOut!


Mag (2007) - from Rab's Bane


Rab (2007) - from Rab's Bane


Kure [aka Curious] (2007) - from Rab's Bane

No comments: