Saturday, January 23, 2010

Posting of some of my 2009 work

The truth is that when it comes to artistic things I tend to just do it and think it's a waste of time to upload it online. Especially when it's hard copy stuff and I have to put the extra effort in to digitize it all. But I've been listening to and reading a lot of resources that basically say that it's bad to try to develop your artistic skills in isolation. It is far better and more productive to let people critique what you do, and improve from that. So in light of that, I will actively make an effort to post some of the sketches and animation exercises I do here on this blog.

So to start off, I'll be posting some of the things I did last year (2009) and early this year (2010). Then after that, I will post shortly after creating something share-worthy.

For now, here are some of the Christmas card caricatures I drew last year for some of my family members:

My brother, Christian, being tossed about by the wind.


My nephew, Dylan, as the wild boys that he is.

My nephew Jesse - as the sweet little nerd that he is :)



My brother-in-law, Rado, as the business entrepreneur.

My sister, Silvia, as the problem-solving warrior


More to come next time.

No comments: