Saturday, February 20, 2010

Weeks 4-6 at AM

Weeks 4 to 6 of AM was essentially teaching us the basics of the non-animation discplines of modeling, rigging, surfacing and lighting, whilst simultaneously getting us familiar with tools and concepts such as hierarchies and cameras which will help in our animations. We had to build a simple character and simple set, put is some camera shots, wack in some surfaces and lights, and render those shots. I feel that the main relevance that comes out of this exercise for AM is that we'll be confidently able to set up our shots for AM exercises. Of course a lot of this was just revision for me, but I still learnt heaps, and after barely touching Maya for a year (though I did use Lightwave for work), I felt re-energised and excited about doing creative stuff in 3D.

I know that some of the shots are a bit dark, but seeing as I am trying to be an animator, I won't go back to fix that now, but rather put my energy into learning animation stuff.









fsdf

No comments: