Monday, December 26, 2011

Posing Exercises



I think my present weakness in posing. Ever since the start of AM I felt like I really understood timing and spacing quite confidently, but as soon as I started body mechanics, I was out of my comfort zone. I've come along way since then - studying video reference, reading about anatomy and sketching, but I still feel there's plenty of room for improvement.

In addition to that, you can use numerous controls in a myriad of combinations/permutations and end up with the same final pose. Hence, I'm also interested in exploring the different character controls more deeply.

I think that the fastest way to do this is by doing little single pose exercises like above. Here are 3 that I did over Christmas. I'll try to do this regularly in addition to the shots I'm working on.

No comments: