Monday, December 15, 2008

Randomness

Hm, now that uni is over I've been messing around a bit with my toy keyboard. Yes - toy keyboard. Wasn't one of those privledged kids who had instruments pushed in their faces and probably complained about it. No I was the kind of kid who loved all things music and did what she could with what she had. Used to make up a lot of songs and such. Ah, good 'ol tape recorders.

Anyways, I really like this whole instrument thing. I've always wanted to learn an instrument and soon I'll be able to afford too :) I've been making up random tunes on the keyboard and today I started learning some real songs. Simple ones of course.

I dunno, music and I just really click. My brain loves it. That got me wondering though. Yes I'm definitely planning on using musical things as my outflow to keep me sane in the future; but it got me questioning yet again my 'love' of animation. Ok, if you ask me right now, I'd have to say that I have more fun when I'm doing music stuff (in general - not just my toy) then when I'm animating. Music doesn't feel like work. Animation does. Is that bad? I mean, all jobs feel like work at some point right?

It's just something I'm going to ponder and chew on for a while. And this week I am gonna get back to animating. It's the only way to find out how true my passion for it is. At any rate, animation is a whole lot harder. Music is challenging, but a lot easier.

No comments: